EMERGENCY ADVISORY regarding VISA for travellers from the Kingdom of Bahrain to Bangladesh in the wake of corona-virus
- With effect from 0000 hrs of 22nd March 2020 until 31st March 2020, all commercial passenger flights from Bahrain, India, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Turkey and UAE shall not be allowed to land at any international airport in Bangladesh.
- Commercial passenger flights to and from China, Hong Kong, Thailand and UK will continue to operate until further notice. Persons who need to depart from Bangladesh may like to use one of these routes.
- Special flights will be allowed to take foreign nationals from Bangladesh on a case-by-case basis.
- All on-arrival visas of Bangladesh will remain suspended till 15th April 2020 for incoming passengers of all countries.
- Any traveller who lived in or visited EU Region and Iran since 1st March 2020, will not be allowed to enter Bangladesh until 15th April 2020. The nationals of the countries of the EU Region and Iran who are living outside the EU Region and Iran since 29th February 2020 can travel to Bangladesh with valid visas.
- Foreign nationals having valid visas, or applying for new visas, will be required to produce a medical certificate (with English translation) to be obtained within 72 hours of travel, indicating that he/she does not have any symptoms of COVID-19. The individual needs to submit this certificate on arrival at the entry point (airport/seaport/land port) in Bangladesh.
- Those who will henceforth be arriving in Bangladesh from any coronavirus affected countries are advised to remain under quarantine for two weeks after their arrival. Health officials at the entry points would decide whether they would be self-quarantined or in government run facilities. Those under self-quarantine would be monitored by law enforcement agencies for strict compliance. This will continue until further notice.
- Foreign nationals with valid visas staying in Bangladesh now will have the option of extension of their existing visas by 2 (two) months.
On Arrival Visa
- The Immigration authority at the International Airports and Land Ports after examining the necessary travel documents and being satisfied can issue visa on arrival for a period of maximum 30 days to the citizens of the countries mentioned below under the following conditions:
- The nationals of those countries where there is no diplomatic mission of Bangladesh may be granted Visa on arrival after examining the genuineness of their visit;
- On the basis of invitation letters of interested/required body being attested by the Board of Investment/BEPZA, the foreign investors/businessmen may be issued visa on arrival. in this case, interested/inviting organization must inform in advance the arrival of the foreign visitor(s) to the immigration and passport authority ;
- Only for the purpose of official duty, business, investment and tourism citizens arriving from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Russian Federation, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, UAE, Saudi Arabia (KSA). Qatar. Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Brunei Darussalam, Egypt, Turkey and the countries of the Europe may be issued visa on arrival after examining and being satisfied by the immigration authority at the International Airports and Land Ports;
- If any foreign national arrives Bangladesh from a country other than his/her own country, where there is no mission of Bangladesh may be issued visa on arrival ;
- Bangladeshi origin foreign citizens, their spouses and their offspring may be issued visa on arrival, on the proof of their being Bangladeshi origin;
- The staffs/officials of the foreign missions, UN or its affiliated organizations located in Bangladesh may be issued visa on arrival after, examining their appointment letters or other related documents. Only UN passport holders will get such facilities gratis (free of charge).
- If the foreign visitors require extension of their visa after arriving Bangladesh under visa on arrival (VOA), the Department of Immigration and Passports Authority may extend their visa in light- of the existing Visa Policy.
- Transit visa will be allowed to the passengers awaiting for connecting flight for the period of maximum 72 hours or till the time of the next available flight on request of the concerned carrier. For this an amount of 20 USD or equivalent amount of foreign currency is to be deposited in the concerned bank account.
- In respect of visa on arrival the following procedures to be followed:
- Visa fees are to be paid In-foreign currencies (US dollar/GS Pound/Euro etc.);
- Visitors must possess minimum USD 500 or its equivalent amount of foreign currency in cash or credit card;
- Visitors must have return ticket;
- Must have necessary documents to justify his/her visit;
- No visa fee will be applicable for the visitors from those countries which are exempted from visa fee.
- On arrival visa fee will be applicable on the basis of reciprocity only.